Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
I am most proud of how my presentation turned out, I worked really hard to make sure everything went well and that it was captivating. I am most proud of how my presentation turned out because it went well, was fun, and I heard many positive comments on it. I actually had a junior come up to me after my presentation and tell me that they wanted to talk to me outside of class because they really liked my topic and were interested.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

P+

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

P

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
My research worked best for me because it provided me with an abundant amount of information that moved my project along.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
If I could go back in time, I would look into finding a mentor earlier on then I originally did and I would like to re-do my 10 minute presentation because I just panicked.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors? Be specific and use examples.
It has been very helpful in assuring me that this is a career I want to pursue as of this moment. I know that I want to go into the medical field but I heard when in medical school, you are exposed to so many other options. The research checks opened my eyes to what my topic was and the different branches of it. Mentorship gave me an experience to which I could look back to, it finalized my idea of working with kids since I mentored at a Pediatrician office.

1 comment:

  1. Edwards spoke very highly of your presentation. I'm happy that you have discovered supporting positions in the medical field. Of course, you should become a doctor if that is where your heart is, but sometimes I think that people just don't know about many things they might love to do. Ex: I probably would be a Certified Nurse Midwife if I had known that was an option instead of a doctor. It's also nice to know that you inspired other people like that junior! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete