Thursday, February 6, 2014

Independent Component 1

Literal
a) I, Brianna Sigala, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
b) Jen Soto and the Chino Pediatrics team helped me complete this independent component.
c) Posted.
d) I completed 30 extra hours of mentorship. I shadowed my mentor and other nurses as well as helping them out with other tasks at hand such as grabbing files and inserting insurance information or how much due payment the patient has.

Interpretive
One of the most significant parts of doing 30 extra hours of mentorship is that I learn more and more about what it is like to work with children and their parents. It demonstrates 30 hours of work because since the beginning of the year I dedicated myself into going to mentorship and learning more than what was required of us for mentorship, these 30 hours give me the credibility of becoming an expert in my field. With working and seeing my mentor and others in action I begin to visualize and process what it takes to work with children, I become more experienced and an expertise in my senior topic.

Due to the fact that it's a Pediatric office I can't really openly take a picture of patients and the private information. I do have a picture of my mentorship.




Applied
Independent Component helped me understand the foundation of my senior topic better by giving me more experience in working with children. At first when we started researching articles I was bombarded with so much information that I didn't know what route I wanted to take. My mentorship helped me clear that up by consistently giving examples of the key components of working with children. For example my answer 1 derived from my research but was assured through my extra 30 hours of mentorship I began to observe how my answer 1 played out in mentorship and how it proved to be true. My answer 1 is "to touch base with patients on a near daily basis" and in my research it is proven statistically that the relationship between a patient and a doctor is vital to a speedy recovery but through my mentorship I experienced first hand how this was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment