Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Meeting A Hero

March 26, 2014

Today I had the opportunity to meet a Pediatric Oncologist. He informed of so many things that I never thought about; the various amount of cancers and treatments. Dr. Clarke Anderson, MD. works at City of Hope in Duarte, California. Dr. Anderson is knowledgeable in many aspects, he informed me all about what it will take to become one, the dedication it takes and the long road that awaits. He emphasized the various abilities a Pediatric Oncologist should have. I asked him for his opinion on my answers and he agreed that I chose the right answers. We talked about the research I have read and we discussed many concepts within it. It was really nice to know that my research was true and is applied now a days. He talked about many patients and gave me a documentary that one of his patients was a part of where it showed the life and treatment aspect of him while he was diagnosed with cancer. I learned so much from meeting a professional in the field, it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment