Thursday, April 24, 2014

Independent Component 2

LITERAL
(a) I, Brianna Sigala, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Chino Pediatric Nurses helped me complete this Independent Component.

(c) Posted.
(d) I completed 30 hours of mentorship. I shadowed many of the nurses that all provide me with their knowledge and give me pieces of information that they think are valuable to know. I watch the interaction they have with the patients and their parents. I learn as I see the way they act and what things are important when caring for a child.
INTERPRETIVE
The significance of doing 30 extra hours of mentorship is that I gain more knowledge not from articles but from experience. Although I only watch and can't really do any of the things the nurses do, observing them gives me more knowledge than I had before. You can never have to much knowledge. I also get to witness first hand what it is like working with kids and the different situations I am going to encounter if I pursue this career. Understanding children's feelings and how they should be treated is a major part of Pediatric Oncology. Pediatric nurses are experts in working with kids so it is a big help to have their advice.
  
APPLIED
This component helped me answer my EQ by providing me with one of my answers which is parental and doctor emotional support. I came up with this answer due to my mentorship because I saw how important it was. When I first saw it I would see it and just think it was normal but after seeing it happen so much I saw how children reacted to it and how it would lift their spirits. 



Here is an image of a few of the boards with the many pictures of the patients we have on the cork boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment